Saturday, November 23, 2013

"Our days on earth are a shadow"

Reading about how our "days on earth are like a shadow"..

" O Lord, what is man that you regard him,
or the son of man that you think of him?
Man is like a breath;
his days are like a passing shadow.
 Bow your heavens, O Lord, and come down!
Touch the mountains so that they smoke!" Psalm 144:3-5















David Crowder Band Shadows (feat. Lecrae) [live@Passion 2012]

Life is full of light and shadows
Oh, the joy, and oh, the sorrow
Oh, the sorrow

And yet will He bring dark to light
And yet will He bring day from night

When the shadows fall on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When darkness falls on us
We will not fear
We will remember

When all seems lost
When we're thrown and we're tossed
We'll remember the cost
We're resting in the shadow of the cross

With every breath I take, every heartbeat
Sunrise, and the moonlight in the dark street
Every glance, every dance, every note of a song
All a gift undeserved that I shouldn't have known

Every moment I lie, every moment I covet
I'm deserving to die; I'm earning Your judgment
Without the cross there's only condemnation
If Jesus wasn't executed there's no celebration

So, in times that are good, in times that are bad
For any time I've had at all, I will be glad
And I will boast in the cross, I'll boast in His name
I will boast in the sunshine, boast in His reign

What's my life if it's not praising You?
Another dollar in my bank account of vain pursuit
I do not count my life as any value, precious at all
Let me finish my race, let me answer Your call



























We are only here a short time but much can be done and accomplished.

Billy Graham spoke at the North Carolina’s Tribute to President John F. Kennedy on May 17, 1964. Here is an excerpt of Mr. Graham’s remarks as we reflect on the 50th anniversary of JFK’s death:

“Ladies and gentlemen, none of us knows when our moment is coming. For some of us it may be today. And the Bible says [Amos 4:12], “Prepare to meet thy God.” We are to be ready at any moment.
“I remember when I was riding along the road with the president, he was driving. He suddenly turned to me and asked me a very interesting question that I’ve never forgotten. He said, or he asked, “What do you think the meaning of history is? Where do you think history is going?
“I told him, that the Bible teaches that God has a plan for history. There’s a purpose. There’s a meaning to every life and each one of us has a job to do. Our life may be long, it may be short, but there is coming a day when the Kingdom of God shall prevail and men shall know permanent peace on this earth.”


No comments:

Post a Comment