Saturday, November 02, 2013

" For I the Lord do not change ..."



I was thinking about how the leaves are changing from bright colorful leaves to dry and earth tone colors and will soon just go back to earth.
The seasons are changing again  from summer to fall and from the bright, long, summer days to a time of year with shorten days and to a less colorful time of the year. 
I know many get down and saddened at this change of year and physically have depression due to the seasonal changes .



















I then thought "isn't it good that our God never changes in His care Toward us" and though the seasons change and the leaves fall, and the cold winds start to blow we have a strong support, "One whose heart can never alter", " does not change with shifting shadows", and our "Sure Helper still." 

You Never Change


You Never Change" - from the album "Sons and Daughters" by Sovereign Grace Music.
Words and Music by: Mark Altrogge.
Copyright: Sovereign Grace Music. 2000. No infringement intended.

Lyrics:
Father of lights, giver of gifts
There is no shadow in You
Author of life, Fountain of grace
Each morning Your mercies are new

Chorus
And You never change, and You never lie
Age to age You are the same
I will trust in You, all Your faithfulness
For I know You never change

Father of love, source of all good
Tower of strength and my shield
When You gave Your Son for those who rebelled
Your love for the world was revealed

Father of peace, help of the weak
Though mountains fall into the sea
Though tempests may rage, the sun hide its face
Your favor will rest upon me
He loves us now as much as He ever did and "His love will still wear the dew of its youth" after all has past away.




















I am so grateful that we can review the Bible and see many expressions of God's assurance of His love and care toward us and our future hope.












Numbers 23:19
God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

Think about some of the hard times we have been through over the years - we have trials, endured sickness we do not understand, war, separation, pain and loss, uncertainty, and still He cares for us in these times and gets us to a place of hope.

Hosea 13:5
"I cared for you in the wilderness, in the land of burning heat.
“I the Lord do not change...."
 Every good gift and every perfect (free, large, full) gift is from above; it comes down from the Father of all [that gives] light, in [the shining of] Whom there can be no variation [rising or setting] or shadow cast by His turning [as in an eclipse].



Psalm 71:18
So even to old age and gray hairs,

O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
your power to all those to come.




Proverbs 8:24-31 The Message
22-31 “God sovereignly made me—the first, the basic—
before he did anything else.
I was brought into being a long time ago,
well before Earth got its start.
I arrived on the scene before Ocean,
yes, even before Springs and Rivers and Lakes.
Before Mountains were sculpted and Hills took shape,
I was already there, newborn;
Long before God stretched out Earth’s Horizons,
and tended to the minute details of Soil and Weather,
And set Sky firmly in place,
I was there.
When he mapped and gave borders to wild Ocean,
built the vast vault of Heaven,
and installed the fountains that fed Ocean,
When he drew a boundary for Sea,
posted a sign that said no trespassing,
And then staked out Earth’s Foundations,
I was right there with him, making sure everything fit.
Day after day I was there, with my joyful applause,
always enjoying his company,
Delighted with the world of things and creatures,
happily celebrating the human family.

Proverbs 8:24-26 (NIV)

24 When there were no watery depths, I was given birth,
when there were no springs overflowing with water;
25 before the mountains were settled in place,
before the hills, I was given birth,
26 before he made the world or its fields
or any of the dust of the earth

No comments:

Post a Comment