Wednesday, November 03, 2021

"...to accept life unconditionally..."



Lovely painting by Emily years ago as a teen, of a lovely person and life Audrey Hepburn

Few things I thought:
We watched a documentary on Netflix of Audrey Hepburn‘s life. I can’t believe I did not know much about Audrey Hepburn prior to today. We watched a few of her movies. She was amazing and so uniquely talented and beautiful in many ways. She was resilient in childhood and her life -through abandonment as a child, dreams shattered as a by WWII, marital hardships, and cancer in the end of life. She was dedicated to her family, and made a great contribution to relief efforts and towards relief for world hunger and children -UNICEF.

Our own lives pass by very quickly and I wish I would’ve show more interest in my daughter’s painting years ago. And take the time to slow things down when in the busiest times of life. I also think it’s important to learn about others even if it was from the 1950s /60’s because there’s so much to gain from learning about their lives, their struggles, and their successes that motivate you in your own challenging times that will come.
I’ve included a few of her quotes that are inspiring. So taking the time to slow down and focus on these words today.

“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”
-Audrey Hepburn

“Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering - because you can't take it in all at once.”
-Audrey Hepburn

“People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.”
-Audrey Hepburn

“Pick the day. Enjoy it - to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come... The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present, and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future.”
-Audrey Hepburn

“How shall I sum up my life? I think I've been particularly lucky. Does that have something to do with faith also? I know my mother always used to say, 'Good things aren't supposed to just fall in your lap. God is very generous, but he expects you to do your part first.' So you have to make that effort. But at the end of a bad time or a huge effort, I've always had - how shall I say it? - the prize at the end. My whole life shows that.”
-Audrey Hepburn

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”
Audrey Hepburn


by Emily



No comments:

Post a Comment