Friday, July 11, 2014

Like the Moon we borrow our light

I recently read a devotional that stated-  "like the moon we borrow our light", bright as we are when grace shines on us, we are darkness itself when the Sun of Righteousness withdraws himself."

Therefore lets cry to God never to leave us!
Keep us everywhere!
Lord keep when in the valley and when we are on the mountain . (CHS, Evening June 29)

I thought of a few pictures of the moon i had taken recently and a friend had taken.
The moon has no light of it's own but reflects the light of the sun.

Super-moon 7 11 14 photo by Maryann Drago


































"Moonlight is the light that reaches Earth from the Moon, consisting mostly of sunlight, with some starlight and earth light reflected from those portions of its surface which the Sun's light strikes." (Wikipedia)

Even the Super moon of July 12 weekend, as big and bright as it is - " borrows it' light"


I thought of how I need God- everywhere in my life.









































There has been many times in my life and my children's lives that I have gone to Psalm 121 to request help. I LIFT MY EYES  to my keeper and shade.
The Lord will keep- is Bedrock truth I HAVE BUILT MY LIFT ON and trust, no matter how shifting the ground may feel or my feelings or mental state may sway this truth. It is solid ground!



I ALSO thought how we grow in faith to trust God and obey like Abraham, in the hardest of circumstances.
 "God is able to guide me, We may not know the road ahead, but we know the guide. We may feel the journey is long but we sure the everlasting arms that carry us are strong enough." (CHS Sermon #261)

 "Abraham went on his way along alone and weary journey, and God did not desert him, but graciously provided for him."



In a dry and weary land, God works all things for good
Why All things work for good is because-
The Lord has made a covenant with us.
He said "They shall be my people and I WILL BE THEIR GOD" (Jeremiah 32:38).

Flowers in the midst of thistles. He cares for us and will turn all to the best.

"Some things are kept in sugar and some in brine "
"God does not deal alike with all."






Psalm 121 
1 I lift up my eyes to the hills.
    From where does my help come?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
    who made heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot be moved;
    he who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, he who keeps Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is your keeper;
    the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
    nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord will keep you from all evil;
    he will keep your life.
8 The Lord will keep
    your going out and your coming in
    from this time forth and forevermore.





No comments:

Post a Comment