Friday, September 27, 2013

".. where rust does not destroy"






I was  walking and saw a rust line on a prominent house- Jimmy Stewart's historic house, on Vinegar Hill. First thing i thought of was how rust is a common, everyday occurrence but goes unnoticed a lot of the time since it is so ordinary.We get used to it but this certain day it stood out to me. It is hidden from our view in many cases but everything is rusting away slowly, day by day.

So what are we to do...when the daily grind slowly wears us out, discourages us or eats away at the foundation or structural beams of support in our lives.




“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. (Matt 6:19-20).














We must keep enduring on this path to our treasure and realize that on a a daily basis there are factors that could destroy are hope and vision for the future and we must stay focused on those things that will not rust or fade away.

My,my, Hey Hey (Out of the Blue) Neil Young

My my, hey hey
Rock and roll is here to stay
It's better to burn out
Than to fade away
My my, hey hey.

Out of the blue
and into the black
They give you this,
but you pay for that
And once you're gone,
you can never come back
When you're out of the blue
and into the black.

The king is gone
but he's not forgotten
This is the story
of a Johnny Rotten
It's better to burn out
than it is to rust

The king is gone
but he's not forgotten.

Hey hey, my my
Rock and roll can never die
There's more to the picture
Than meets the eye.
Hey hey, my my.











"Trust In Jesus"

One of these days we all will stand in judgment for
Every single word that we have spoken
One of these days we all will stand before the Lord
Give a reason for everything we've done
And what I've done is

Trust in Jesus
My great Deliverer
My strong Defender
The Son of God
I trust in Jesus
Blessed Redeemer
My Lord forever
The Holy One, the Holy One

What are you going to do when your time has come
And your life is done and there's nothing you can stand on
What will you have to say at the judgment throne
I already know the only thing that I can say I

There's nothing I can do on my own to find forgiveness
It's by His grace alone I trust in Jesus
Trust in Jesus

One of these days we all will stand in judgment for
Every single word that we have spoken
One of these days we all will stand before the Lord


























Alta (little rust color)
Fresh snow. Blue skies. Life is good at the end of Little Cottonwood Canyon.
Photo: Joe Johnson


"Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
“But concerning that day or that hour, no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (Mark 13:30-32)



No comments:

Post a Comment