Friday, January 11, 2013

Ah! man there will be a time..

Seeing a reflection of a beautiful sunrise caught my eye. Blue-sky day skiing, moon in the sky at sunrise, all speak of something far grander than me. I do want to stop and consider today !

 "The Heavens declare the glory of the Lord,  the skies proclain the work of His hands." (Ps.19:1)

"The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of His being.." (Heb 1:3)






















Oh! stop: canst thou not spare another minute for thy poor soul? It is to live for ever: hast thou naught laid up for it—no hope in heaven, no blood of Christ, no pardon of sin, no sanctifying Spirit, no imputed righteousness? Ah! man there will be a time when the business that seems so important to thee will prove to have been but a day-dream, a poor substitute for the solid realities thou hast forgotten. 
(CHS Sermon # 171)
Paul's sermon before Felix

"And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee."—Acts 24:25









Age to Age

You gave me hope
You made me whole
At the cross
You took my place
You showed me grace
At the cross where You died for me

Chorus:
And His glory appears
Like the light from the sun
Age to age He shines
Look to the skies

Hear the angels cry
Singing Holy is the Lord





































I was a raven on a fence... age to age i will be grateful that I was changed to a dove only by His Grace.
"There is a great banner; it has waved in many a breeze; long ere the flag of this land was made, this flag of Christ was borne aloft. Will you hand it to your children... and say "Go on, go on.." (CHS Sermon # 112)



"The glory of the gospel is not that it paints ravens white, and whitewashes blackbirds, but that it turns them into doves. it is the glory of our religion not that it makes a man seem what he is not, but that it makes him something else. It takes the raven and turns him into a dove; his ravenish heart becomes a dove's heart. It is not the feathers that are changed, but the man himself. CHS- Sermon (No. 63)

























"And Moses said unto Joshua, Choose us out men and go out, fight with Amalek; to-morrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in mine hand."Exodus 17:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment