Sunday, December 16, 2012

"shocking beyond belief "

If i could look you in the eye right now i would straightway say I LOVE YOU and more importantly God cares for you and all those in Newtown, CT.


All the years we have been together i can remember addressing hard situations with you straight on without wavering in unbelief when disasters or shocking beyond belief killings happen or suicides, hardship...










One thing i have noticed in watching the reports is the need to somehow understand this or find our why and I can only say that it is far above our understanding but not God's.

I went back and read some or Part 6 of this teaching on Suffering by John Piper

"Hold out the promise that God will sustain and help those who cast themselves on him for mercy and trust in his grace. He will strengthen you for the impossible days ahead in spite of all darkness."

Remember that even those who trust in Christ may be cut down like these kids were, but that does not mean they have been abandoned by God or not loved by God, even in that agonizing moment of suffering. God’s love more than conquers even through calamity.
Part 1 entire here and also and others that can provide a lifelong study 

Mingle heart-wrenching weeping with unbreakable confidence in the goodness and sovereignty of God who rules over the sin and the bullets of rebellious people.
Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped. He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD."
If He causes grief, then He will have compassion according to His abundant lovingkindness. For He does not afflict willingly or grieve the sons of men.
Trust God for his ability to do the humanly impossible, and bring you through this nightmare and, in some inscrutable way, bring good out of it.
And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.
This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him."
Count God your only lasting treasure, because he is the only sure and stable thing in the universe.
Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.





Majesty enthroned in beauty
All my life, Your love pursues me
and I'm found in You
Oh Holy One, the King of glory
You're the Author of my story
and I'm found in You

'Cause You give me life and lead me to find
Your grace and Your mercy, given so freely
Your word is my light, it leads me to find
Your comfort and healing, the hope that I'm needing

Your love is all around
Your love is all around

Oh Living One, You reign forever
Drawing me into Your presence
and I'm found in You
Oh Great Redeemer, Precious Savior
You are faithful, though I wander
and I'm found in You

'Cause You give me life and lead me to find
Your grace and Your mercy, given so freely
Your word is my light, it leads me to find
Your comfort and healing, the hope that I'm needing

Your love is all around, Oh
Your love is all around, Oh

And I hear Your voice
I hear the words You've spoken
This love is Yours
This love restores the broken 








The road ahead for many is so hard but we will pray and ask our heavenly Father who care for us to comfort and hold close.












































Psalm 73:25-26
"Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment