Thursday, August 16, 2012

Soon the Rock of truth beneath your feet will not long be sand

Saw these little clam-like shellfish show up with the surf and then disappear. Each wave revealed the creatures and they would disappear by digging themselves deep into the sand, until the next wave revealed them again.




                                                                    
                                            
At times  the waves of life reveal some hidden things
Undeserved grace is when they recede and cover.
Our old nature digs deep in our lives and shows itself from time to time.
Mercy keeps us.

We must show endurance.


One of her first walks on the sand
There was fresh anticipation in her steps, she had the helping hand she needed on the shifting sand with a distant place in the horizon- just like a snapshot of life
"soon the rock of truth under her feet will not long feel like sand"

Isaiah 44:7-8

Who is like me? Let him proclaim it...... Fear not, nor be afraid;
have I not told you from of old and declared it?
And you are my witnesses!
Is there a God besides me?
There is no Rock; I know not any.


“Perseverance is a gift. That I will wake up and be a believer tomorrow morning is not finally and decisively owing to my will, but to God. I have known too many mornings on the precipice to think otherwise. That I have been snatched back every time is sheer mercy” (p. 22).

the ROOTS of Endurance

Product_permalink

Mt Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment