Sunday, November 29, 2020

"The Work of Christmas"

The streets were empty of people this evening and the joy of the season, but  “the darkest hour is just before the dawn”
 and will hope in the “Work of Christmas “

The Work of Christmas

“When the song of the angels is stilled, 
When the star in the sky is gone, 
When the kings and princes are home, 
When the shepherds are back with their flock, 
The work of Christmas begins:
To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry,
To release the prisoner,
To rebuild the nations,
To bring peace among others,
To make music in the heart.”
-Howard Thurman

“Surely when I think of the way in which I went on for many years, I can only fall down with astonishment as well as humiliation before the throne of grace, and adore with wonder that infinite mercy of God which did not cast me off; but on the contrary, guiding me by a way which I knew not..

...living almost without God in the world, till God’s good providence checked and turned me, oh miracle of mercy.."
-William Wilberforce 

No comments:

Post a Comment