Monday, December 05, 2016

"...Generous God..


Thankful God is a "Generous God" and the Giver of every good gift, and that we are to
Hope in God,
not be anxious, 
cultivate thankfulness 
and imitate our generous God.
Started this morning by reading Morning by Charles Spurgeon 12/5. 
The scripture and reading were of the same line- and motivating he stated:
"If all these things are to be had by merely knocking at mercy's door, O my soul, knock hard this morning, and ask large things of thy generous Lord. 
"Ask, and it shall be given you."
Matthew 7:7
or
“Just ask and it will be given to you; seek after it and you will find. Continue to knock and the door will be opened for you.” Matthew 7:7 (VOICE)

Christmas season is a time for me to rekindle my heartfelt belief in a generous God.
" I went to the Lord for help, and he listened.
He saved me from all that I fear.
If you look to him for help,
he will put a smile on your face.
You will have no need to be ashamed."
Psalm 34:4-5(ERV)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. Anxious thoughts often stir in my heart when I believe my plan is better than God's plan. -Matthew 6:25-34

    ReplyDelete