Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Family..view

I was thinking about family recently. Family is such a refreshing blessing. No matter how tough your day is or week, when you think of family- warm thoughts generally fill the mind and the recounting of God's Blessings stirs the heart to thankfulness. The Lord is so kind and merciful! Surrounding us with family is just one expression of this kind mercy.

Psalm 145 is a great reminder that The Lord Is Kind and Merciful. Also that those that have come before us tell us how wonderful God is and also that the next generation will carry on telling the wonderful and powerful deeds of God to family in our future.


Psalm 145 (CEV)
1 I will praise you,
    my God and King,
    and always honor your name.
2 I will praise you each day
    and always honor your name.
3 You are wonderful, Lord,
    and you deserve all praise,
    because you are much greater
    than anyone can understand.
4 Each generation will announce
    to the next your wonderful
    and powerful deeds.



5 I will keep thinking about
   your marvelous glory
    and your mighty miracles.
6 Everyone will talk about
    your fearsome deeds,
    and I will tell all nations
    how great you are.




7 They will celebrate and sing
    about your matchless mercy
    and your power to save.
8 You are merciful, Lord!
    You are kind and patient
    and always loving.
9 You are good to everyone,
    and you take care
    of all your creation.




10 All creation will thank you,
    and your loyal people
    will praise you.
11 They will tell about
    your marvelous kingdom
    and your power.
12 Then everyone will know about
    the mighty things you do
    and your glorious kingdom.
13 Your kingdom will never end,
    and you will rule forever.
Our Lord, you keep your word
    and do everything you say






14 When someone stumbles or falls,
    you give a helping hand.



15 Everyone depends on you,
and when the time is right,
    you provide them with food.
16 By your own hand
    you satisfy
    the desires of all who live.


17 Our Lord, everything you do
    is kind and thoughtful,
18 and you are near to everyone
    whose prayers are sincere.
19 You satisfy the desires
    of all your worshipers,
    and you come to save them
    when they ask for help.







20 You take care of everyone
who loves you,
    but you destroy the wicked.
21 I will praise you, Lord,
    and everyone will respect
    your holy name forever.





















"The Lord is my portion, saith my soul." Lamentations 3:24

Family is such a blessing in our lives but we all know the the love experienced in this lifetime is just a reflection of the God we serve, and that if trial and separation happen in our family that God is     all-sufficient. Though things in this life fade and perish we can say-

"Deep in my heart I say,
“The Lord is all I need;
    I can depend on him!”

"That God is, and ever will be, the all-sufficient happiness of his people, and they have chosen him and depend upon him to be such (Lam. 3:24): The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; that is,
 1. “When I have lost all I have in the world, liberty, and livelihood, and almost life itself, yet I have not lost my interest in God.” Portions on earth are perishing things, but God is portion for ever.
2. “While I have an interest in God, therein I have enough; I have that which is sufficient to counterbalance all my troubles and make up all my losses.” Whatever we are robbed of our portion is safe.
3. “This is that which I depend upon and rest satisfied with: Therefore will I hope in him. I will stay myself upon him, and encourage myself in him, when all other supports and encouragements fail me.” Note, It is our duty to make God the portion of our souls, and then to make use of him as our portion and to take the comfort of it in the midst of our lamentations." (MHC Lam 3:24)


Morning Nov 16
 Charles Spurgeon

morning-and-evening 2014/11/16

It is not "The Lord is partly my portion," nor "The Lord is in my portion"; but he himself makes up the sum total of my soul's inheritance. Within the circumference of that circle lies all that we possess or desire. 

The Lord is my portion. Not his grace merely, nor his love, nor his covenant, but Jehovah himself. He has chosen us for his portion, and we have chosen him for ours. It is true that the Lord must first choose our inheritance for us, or else we shall never choose it for ourselves; but if we are really called according to the purpose of electing love, we can sing--

"Lov'd of my God for him again

With love intense I burn;

Chosen of him ere time began,

I choose him in return."

The Lord is our all-sufficient portion. God fills himself; and if God is all-sufficient in himself, he must be all- sufficient for us. It is not easy to satisfy man's desires. When he dreams that he is satisfied, soon he wakes to the perception that there is somewhat yet beyond, and straightway the horse-leech in his heart cries, "Give, give." But all that we can wish for is to be found in our divine portion, so that we ask, "Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee." Well may we "delight ourselves in the Lord" who makes us to drink of the river of his pleasures. Our faith stretches her wings and mounts like an eagle into the heaven of divine love as to her proper dwelling-place. "The lines have fallen to us in pleasant places; yea, we have a goodly heritage." Let us rejoice in the Lord always; let us show to the world that we are a happy and a blessed people, and thus induce them to exclaim, "We will go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

"He loves YOU "




No comments:

Post a Comment