Sunday, September 28, 2014

"..I cried out."

I was working recently with a family on a building project. One of those working had an accident and my first response was to cry out to the Lord. I said "No, oh No , No have mercy Jesus" When we got to the person we immediately prayed and cried out to the Lord, and tears filled my eyes as well at the scene of what happened. We prayed for mercy and healing and that all would be ok in his whole body.


‘If disaster comes upon us, ....... 
we will stand before this house and before you—for your name is in this house—and cry out to you in our affliction, and you will hear and save.’..."For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. 
We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.” 
 (2 Chronicles 20:9,12 ESV)

Matthew Henry's commentary explains this verse-
“We have no might against this great company, none without thee, none that we can expect any thing from without thy special presence and blessing, none to boast of, none to trust to; but our eyes are upon thee. We rely upon thee, and from thee is all our expectation. The disease seems desperate: we know not what to do, are quite at a loss, in a great strait. But this is a sovereign remedy, our eyes are upon thee, an eye of acknowledgment and humble submission, an eye of faith and entire dependence, an eye of desire and hearty prayer, an eye of hope and patient expectation. In thee, O God! do we put our trust; our souls wait on thee.” (MHC 2 Chron 20:12)


You see, this fall, this trial, happened to someone I care deeply about and respect, A man who honors God, his family, father and mom, Someone who has gone through other trials without complaint. So,I was in disbelief that this could be happening  to a friend of 30 years, a man that "the mold was broken once born."
I cried out No,, Oh No ! because these things shouldn't happen to good people.

We had much more work to do on this bright sunny day. We had to get the rest done!

Thoughts came through my mind- the person has had previous back surgeries, did something break, would he walk, or have serious injury?

I was with his wife, good friends, and adult children who I have known since they were born.

All praying for healing and help in this time of need. The children, praying in faith to God. God, who they have been instructed. year after year, cares for us, loves us, and works all things for good. God cares for us but his happened. Help us.

No major injuries was the report, at the end of a few hours of testing and anxious waiting,
"Praise The Lord" was my response to the doctor.

I had not seen a miracle like this for awhile.
I was there at the scene, and saw and was so grateful for the outcome. Though it was going to be a road back to recovery, God had mercy and heard our cry!

"But you, O Lord, are a shield about me,
    my glory, and the lifter of my head.
 I cried aloud to the Lord,
    and he answered me from his holy hill." (Psalm 3:3-4



"In my distress I called upon the Lord;
    to my God I cried for help.
From his temple he heard my voice,
    and my cry to him reached his ears." (Psalm 18:6 ESV)

I remember a picture from my morning walk. I say the Sun rising and reflecting on a pond. I was at an angle I could see both bright areas at the same time.


The compassion God has on us-- transcends my finite mind. The goodness and healing and protection we see on a daily basis is a mere reflection of his Great love and perfect plan that works for good. Trial and pain are allowed by Him yet He orchestrates all for our good.

The next morning, as well as through the night, I was thinking of God and how He heard our cry for help.

I thought of how when the person fell from from the truss over 12 feet on a piece of 3/4 in. board- that the board landed on a circular saw handle that cushioned the fall -to some extent, supporting instead of hitting concrete directly.

The question remains that The God who cares and protected could have not allowed this to happen at all. "Though leagues of distance lie between the finite creature and the infinite Creator, yet there are links uniting both." 

As a father shows compassion to his children,
    so the Lord shows compassion to those who fear him.
 For he knows our frame;
    he remembers that we are dust. (Psalm 103:13-14 ESV)

September 28

Morning... (Charles Spurgeon)

Psalm 33:13
The Lord looketh from heaven; He beholdeth all the sons of men.

"Perhaps no figure of speech represents God in a more gracious light than when He is spoken of as stooping from His throne, and coming down from heaven to attend to the wants and to behold the woes of mankind. We love Him, who, when Sodom and Gomorrah were full of iniquity, would not destroy those cities until He had made a personal visitation of them. We cannot help pouring out our heart in affection for our Lord who inclines His ear from the highest glory, and puts it to the lip of the dying sinner, whose failing heart longs after reconciliation. How can we but love Him when we know that He numbers the very hairs of our heads, marks our path, and orders our ways?

Specially is this great truth brought near to our heart, when we recollect how attentive He is, not merely to the temporal interests of His creatures, but to their spiritual concerns. Though leagues of distance lie between the finite creature and the infinite Creator, yet there are links uniting both.
When a tear is wept by thee, think not that God doth not behold; for, "Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear Him."

Thy sigh is able to move the heart of Jehovah; thy whisper can incline His ear unto thee; thy prayer can stay His hand; thy faith can move His arm. Think not that God sits on high taking no account of thee. Remember that however poor and needy thou art, yet the Lord thinketh upon thee. For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect towards Him.

Oh! then repeat the truth that never tires;
No God is like the God my soul desires;
He at whose voice heaven trembles, even He,
Great as He is, knows how to stoop to me."
Mt. Shuksan -Near Mt Baker,WA
"I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to you among the nations.For your steadfast love is great above the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the clouds." (Psalm 108:3-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment