Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Purpose changes as our story unfolds..

Recently I was walking near a place I have walked many times.
The location is near a personal care home that was there when I was a child although known by a different name. Earlier in the evening I learned of some health trials that a few older people I know were having.
 Many times when I visit or see older people, and now getting older myself, I think of the days that they were vibrant and youthful, when their bodies would have been strong and their presence would be handsome or beautiful. Now, they are very aware of the years gone by and of limitations but boldly transition with grace to the next chapter of their lives and of their story.
 This is not to bring feelings of sadness but it can if we would lose sight of the bigger plan and our story that is held close to the heart of the Author of our story. 

Purpose changes but our story doesn't -














rusty old bucket truck once used to prune the towering oak now at rest ,

  rusty non- functional transit bus used to transport for many years now storing cardboard boxes.


 Pile of bricks at one time a strong building
- purpose changes but our Story doesn't
functions change
 but our plan and usefulness goes on in a less obvious way. 
What was in the past endures in various forms and only God knows the effect and the end of our efforts.

The sidewalk that ends-
 at one time must have led to a structure -now it has no destination, it's purpose has changed. 
It can be looked at as "Opportunity" to take a step in faith, trusting the Author of our story with the final end or result.
 

"The harvest at your feet- is what it is. Yet, in all of this there is hope because your Lord is the Lord of new seasons.
God made you and your story. Your story is His story.

(Tripp, Paul David. Lost in the Middle- Midlife and the Grace of God. Shepherd Press. 2004.)

Psalm 102
23 He has afflicted and weakened my strength, humbling and bringing me low [with sorrow] in the way; He has shortened my days [aging me prematurely].

24 I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days, You Whose years continue throughout all generations.
25 At the beginning You existed and laid the foundations of the earth; the heavens are the work of Your hands.
26 They shall perish, but You shall remain and endure; yes, all of them shall wear out and become old like a garment. Like clothing You shall change them, and they shall be changed and pass away.

27 But You remain the same, and Your years shall have no end.

28 The children of Your servants shall dwell safely and continue, and their descendants shall be established before You.





Psalm 27:13-14 (AMP)

13 [What, what would have become of me] had I not believed that I would see the Lord’s goodness in the land of the living!

14 Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring. Yes, wait for and hope for and expect the Lord.



The future is bright and will be creative.
"You have many productive years behind you, and though life is brief you  have the wisdom of age and experience."
























The morning I started out reading about hope in the middle of trials and tribulation and how the Father is with me.
 And the day ended with a glimpse of the enduring purposes of our lives and God's plan, though our purpose may change the Story endures. Grateful for His care and that He speak to us today though the Helper who is our advocate and the Son pleads our petitions to the Father .


































As the sun sets this evening be refreshed by the peace that rest gives and look up at the dawn for "joy comes in the morning!"


No comments:

Post a Comment