Saturday, August 31, 2013

" I Have Conquered Death! "

I woke one morning after a acute illness that my wife, daughter, and I had experienced on the last day of a week's beautiful vacation. We were able to find refuge in a hotel an hour into our trip home. We slept from 2 pm to 8 am the next morning, without eating anything but a few crackers.

Honestly- my first thought or impression when i awakened was
 "I have conquered Death".
I then thought how do people with terminal illness press on in life when they feel so bad.
Dying may be easier since Christ has conquered death.

Today i was reading the  August 31st devotional in Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon.

I realize that year after year  we "Wait  in Hope for His Arm".

"My righteousness draws near,
my salvation has gone out,
and my arms will judge the peoples;
the coast-lands hope for me, and for my arm they wait.
6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens,
and look at the earth beneath;
for the heavens vanish like smoke,
the earth will wear out like a garment,
and they who dwell in it will die in like manner;
but my salvation will be forever,
and my righteousness will never be dismayed." (Is 51: 5-6)


That year after year we will have times in our lives that " drive us to the Father." And that God alone and His care is the only hope we have to breakthrough.

So how do we show the world that our God is " worth 10,000 worlds to us when we feel hopeless or feel bad?
 How do i get the strength for  "feats of faith and valiant exploits? "

We..... "cast ourselves on God alone" who supports the sky and arch of the heavens without anything visible to our eye!





Some other help on how to process and go forward:

Revelation 21:4
4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”


1 Corinthians 15:55
55 “O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?



John 3:16
16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him
should not perish but have eternal life.




































As i look over the notes on this page of 7 yrs--
 many things have happened, great things as well as trials, and each year I realize that I
" simply must entirely entrust myself on the providence and care of God my Father,







































Breakthrough - Michele Tumes

Love, love will make the distance
It's song riding through the moors
Of all that's lost

Hope, the flag that leads the mission
Flying over rain and foe
To rescue me from harm

I see my love, see my love
With might to save
Scale the walls of yesterday
Break through
Be my joy, be my joy
Charge this path and
Storm the tower of my heart

For only You can break through
To me

Love, the banquet for the famished
It's song rising through these halls
To fill my heart

Hope the banner in my anguish
Writing words of faith
Erasing thoughts of a darkened soul

I see my love, see my love
With might to save

Scale the walls of yesterday
Break through

See my joy, see my joy
Charge this path and
Storm the tower of my heart
For only You can break through

Let the choir sing
Listen to the angels

Fill the chapel
Singing adulation
Let the bells ring









John 11:25
25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,

1 comment: