Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The blessings of your father [on you] are greater

Family, sons, and daughters are truly a blessing in this short life that passes so quickly.
The promises of God and blessings are a great help in life. As John Bunyan said, "If you want encouragement, entertain the promises." The promise in Genesis 49:26 is blessings "unto the utmost bounds of the everlasting hills!" When I read this I thought of the majestic mountains and hills I have seen with our sons and daughters and how I would give them anything possible if we could give it. So much greater is the blessings God our Father promises.





I read this in a devotional and the verse Genesis 49:26 was mentioned.

"The blessings of your father [on you] are greater than the blessings of my forefathers [Abraham and Isaac on me]and are as lasting as the bounties of the eternal hills;" 


The blessings of thy father surpass the blessings of my ancestors, Unto the bounds of the everlasting hills:


"The blessings of your father are mighty beyond the blessings of my parents, up to the bounties of the everlasting hills. " Gen 49:26


"May the blessings of your father exceed the blessings of the ancient mountains, surpass the delights of the eternal hills;"


The great blessing entailed upon that family was increase, which did not so immediately and so signally follow the blessings which Abraham and Isaac gave to their sons as it followed the blessing which Jacob gave to his; for, soon after his death, they multiplied exceedingly. Durable and extensive blessings: Unto the utmost bounds of the everlasting hills, including all the productions of the most fruitful hills, and lasting as long as they last, Isa. 54:10 . (MHC)
Inline image 1

"For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you." Is 54:10

No comments:

Post a Comment