Saturday, October 20, 2012

Alpenglow of His Brillance

Thinking about how common people accomplish great things and endure and prevail through hard challenges to reach the summit or a goal. And how there is so much more yet to overcome and achieve.One thing to continue in is growing in grace by returning and asking God to come after us and keep us.


"Much still remains for the Mountaineer to do. Not only is he confronted yet with the vast task of completing the exploration of his own Northwest mountains afoot, but he has as yet but scratched the surface of the possibilities of re-conquering old man mountain's domain a-ski."
--Art Winder
The Mountaineer, 1932
written-in-the-snows


"In all things grow up into him" -Ephesian 4:15

"As the sun rises first on mountain-tops and gilds them with his light, and presents one of the most charming sights to the eye of the traveller; so is it one of the most delightful contemplations in the world to mark the glow of the Spirit's light on the head of some saint, who has risen up in spiritual stature, ..... till, like a mighty Alp, snow-capped, he reflects first among the chosen, the beams of the Sun of Righteousness, and bears the alpenglow of His Brilliance high aloft for all to see, and seeing it, to glorify His Father which is in heaven."(CHS)

Morning Oct 20th 

17 

"O God, from my youth you have taught me,
and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.
So even to old age and gray hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
your power to all those to come.
Your righteousness, O God,
reaches the high heavens.
You who have done great things,
O God, who is like you?
You who have made me see many troubles and calamities
will revive me again;
from the depths of the earth
you will bring me up again." Psalm 71:17-20


David Crowder Band Give Us Rest - A Return


My heart runs far from where you intended
Come after me, please
My heart runs far from where you intended
Come after me, please

The son has come home, we're rejoicing
The son has come home, rejoice my soul.










No comments:

Post a Comment