Saturday, January 20, 2018

"a moment when the lights went out..One miraculous breath And we’re forever changed"

The words of a song got my attention this morning -
"a moment when the lights went out..The darkest day in history.."
When all was lost He crossed eternity
The King of life was on the move .....One miraculous breath
And we’re forever changed..."




We had a beautiful time at a family wedding! Amazing to be together with our sons and daughters and their children. Our entire family is only able to be all together one or two times a year due to the miles that keep us apart.

Even before the wedding started I was thinking of how fast the time would fly during the time we would be together as a family. And how I wouldn't want our time to end.

It is not unusual for me during a very high time in life to think of the valleys I have been through or those whom I love have been thorough along the way. I recall the mercies new every morning.

I thought of my mother who passed early in life and has not been alive to see any of the 12 present that day for the wedding.

"As the fingers trace the letters of her name in granite"... I wonder why?,
and wonder why my father suffered this loss of his wife and my sister and I experienced the loss of our mother so early. She would not see me or my children marry, or laugh with us and the grandchildren, or great grandchildren.

But I recall and believe "God is always good and we are always loved."

Josephine means --May God add/give increase

"One miraculous breath"  and she was changed And we’re forever changed"

As I was recording in my journal a flood of memories came and a rush of thankfulness for the time we had together.
I try to keep a record of times of gratitude and I record those things I'm thankful for, and also times of trial and answers to prayer and I remember and recall and journal these times... and was thinking about the few days of the wedding and time together and recorded a few of the gifts. Gratitude..

- handmade tulle fabric skirts for the granddaughters
- flowers for the wedding delivered to the neighbor?
- friends help lighten the load
- heavy snow and weather advisory- bringing us together sooner?
- eucalyptus wedding bouquets 
- cathedral viewed from the hotel room wndow
- smiles of the bride and groom
- safety home texts
- sunshine in snowy fields
- grandchildren voices and laughter
- "raindrops" in the eyes
- challenging myself to daily record to a 1000 gifts



"On the day I needed You, I called, and You responded
and infused my soul with strength." Psalm 138:3 (VOICE)


It often happens when I hear a song.. it brings me back and places me on bedrock, solid ground.

All Hail King Jesus

There was a moment when the lights went out
When death had claimed its victory
The King of Love had given up His life
The darkest day in history

There on a cross they made for sinners
For every curse His blood atoned
One final breath and it was finished
But not the end we could have known

For the earth began to shake
And the veil was torn
What sacrifice was made
As the heavens roared

Chorus
All hail King Jesus
All hail the Lord of Heaven and earth
All hail King Jesus
All hail the Savior of the world

Verse 2
There was a moment when the sky lit up
A flash of light breaking through
When all was lost He crossed eternity
The King of life was on the move

Pre-Chorus 2

For in a dark, cold tomb
Where our Lord was laid
One miraculous breath
And we’re forever changed

Bridge
Let every knee, come bow before the King of Kings
Let every tongue, confess that He is Lord
Lift up your shout, let us join with all of Heaven
Singing Holy, Singing Holy
Cry out Holy, Cry out Holy

-Written by Ran Jackson, Peter Mattis, Jeremy Riddle, and Steffany Gretzinger

No comments:

Post a Comment