Tuesday, December 26, 2017

"...open places to see through the mess..."

GW
We love you.
We miss Mom so much ❤️
We do not know the pain you must go through each holiday. 
We are so grateful to have so many reminders of her in her home and so many pictures of our times together.
I was thinking this morning I have had some loss in my life as well and some struggles I grapple with God and I ask why? 
In some cases I wanted to rewrite the story- but then The God above speaks so softly like the falling snow ❄️ and then I realize God knows All and that is when holes are poked into the canvas of my life and some glimpses of light come through to light the path ahead.
I’m reading a book “One thousand gifts- A dare to live fully right where you are”
This has been your life motto and I know it will continue to give you strength.
The picture is a collage of some of “those holes” where I seek to see the light of God and the enduring story.

“I only tremble, wonder. With memories of gravestones, I wonder too ...if the rent in the canvas of our life backdrop, the losses that puncture our world, our own emptiness, might actually become places to see. To see through to God. That that which tears open our souls, those holes that splatter our site, may actually become the thin, open places to see through the mess of this place to the heart – aching beauty beyond. 
To Him. 
To the God whom we endlessly crave. Maybe so. 
But how ? 
How do we choose to allow the holes to become seeing-through – to-God places?
...How do I give up resentment for gratitude, gnawing anger for spilling joy? Self focus for God – communion.
To fully live – to live full of grace and joy and all that is beauty eternal.
It is possible..”-Ann Voskamp,
#onethousandgifts

No comments:

Post a Comment